Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Almost There!

I am finally feeling ready. For the later part of my pregnancy I have been worried that I was going to have the baby early for some reason. Could be because my mom had all three if us 4-6 weeks early. Or it could be because the entire pregnancy was so perfect I figured something had to give! But now I am 38 weeks and 2 days. I have a few days of work left but I feel like if I had to leave today, there would be no problem. My sub is awesome and I feel totally comfortable with her taking over! the furniture is not here yet but we have a bassinet little Elisabeth will be sleeping in for the first few months anyway. I figure I will have time to organize and put it together since I will be off work. It would be nice to be ALL ready before she gets here but it is what it is...
We had a few snags beside getting the furniture. The glider my mom, dad and sister bought us had a broken piece and it's been tough getting them to deliver that piece. Then, I ordered a few pieces for the nursery (the border, the lamp and the mobile) and it was stolen off of our doorstep! Oh, well. These are just THINGS I have to keep telling myself. Despite these setbacks, I am ready. I want to see her and hold her and be done being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I have loved being pregnant but it's time for the next step in this miracle! I have been very lucky to have stayed comfortable for so long. I am getting much more tired and uncomfortable by the day.
Then this morning I became concerned because I was not feeling the baby move as much as I am used to. Jonathan and I visited the midwife right away and got to hear the heartbeat. It was strong as ever! She wanted us to go get an ultrasound anyway just to make sure everything was ok. I went to Central Florida Regional for a non stress test and ultra sound. Going there today confirmed 100% how glad we are we made the decision to go to the birth center. Just being there made me anxious. Long story short, everything came back "perfect" once I got some food in me. Apparently I need to be eating regularly while I am pregnant. Oops! Who'd have thought?! Seriously, I have lost my appetite the past few days which is very unusual for me but was the reason baby wasn't moving as much as usual! As soon as I had some sugar she was kicking around like a little ballerina. She definitely has much less room in there to move around now too. They estimate she is about 7.5 lbs. right now. She better not get too much bigger!
I have had FOUR showers between my work, Jonathan's work and our family and friends. SO I think we are ready as we're gonna be! Bring her on!

No comments: